Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ok, I'm Addicted

My computer died on me about a week and a half ago, leaving me without access to my emails, my precious farm, my pogo games and my ability to vote for the Refresh Everything projects I've been supporting.  I went through serious withdrawal, folks, which I am only now coming out of.  My life is tied to this contraption.  Without my calendar, I don't know where I'm supposed to be when.  Without my emails, I don't know who is contacting me and why.  Without Internet access, I can't get information in an instant.  Without my games - now, that was the hard one - I don't know how to relax.    This computer catastrophe taught me something; I'm addicted.

I admit it, I'm a user.  Whether I'm writing a blog, updating my website, posting new information on The Uptown Initiative, processing orders or just playing games, I spend anywhere from 8-10 hours a day on this computer.  Truth is, I'd spend more time on it if I could.  I  forgot that a computer is a tool not life.  The week without it showed me that.

No comments: